Assistant pharmaceuticals field coordinator with SURE Program
Posted on: Apr 28, 2012
About this Job:
In collaboration with the Pharmaceutical Field Coordinator, the Assistant Pharmaceutical Field Coordinator provides support to a number of districts under SURE for planning, implementing, and monitoring pharmaceutical management interventions in the assigned districts.
• Works closely with district health management teams to ensure that all SURE technical assistance, capacity building and pharmaceutical information system activities are adequately implemented; and that results are adequately documented.
• Works closely with HSD Medicines Management Supervisors to ensure that all lower level facilities (HCII and HC III) within a health sub district are supervised regularly.
• Ensures that performance assessment is done during supervision visits and facility improvement plans are developed and implemented.
• Assists in assessing, analyzing and reporting on the pharmaceutical situation in the district and Health Sub District
1) Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician, or degree in a in a health area with demonstrated experience in supply chain management
2) At least 3 years work experience in health commodities supply chain.
3) Experience in supervision and performance monitoring of health facilities in health commodities logistics management
4) Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Uganda public health system.
5) Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other stakeholders in developing creative and strategic solutions to achieve common goals.
6) Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and shifting deadlines.
7) Strong organizational, administrative, interpersonal and communications skills.
8) Strong teamwork and team-building skills
9) Demonstrated computer skills, including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
11) Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the assigned region.
Salary: - USD/month
How to apply:
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess Ann Drive Bugolobi, P 0 Box
71419, Kampala Email: HRUG@msh.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but
can only acknowledge shortlisted candidate