AFRICAN COMPUTER SCIENTISTS ASSOCIATION. ACSA-AFRICA International Vacancy position Jinja UGANDA
Posted on: Jul 26, 2012
AFRICAN COMPUTER SCIENTISTS ASSOCIATION.
CURRENT POSITIONS: COUNTRY DIRECTOR
Position available in Ghana, South Africa,Kenya,and Namibia,Egypt,Tunisia
Job Category: Country Director Uganda(Jinja)
Job ID: 792686
Closing Date : August 10, 2012
COUNTRY DIRECTOR VACANCY(UGANDA)
The African Computer Scientist Association is an independent African, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non discrimination.
was established to support and raised African IT intellectuals to standard
The main aim of the struggle started by ACSA is to train Africans Officials and the General Public to be experts in ICT who can think on a global scale, who are well acquainted with the environment they live in and who are capable of forming mature individual relationships. The African Computer Scientists Association (ACSA ) is responsible for information and communications technology (ICT) issues in the entire Africa Continent. Was established to support and raised African IT intellectuals to standard and all African computer Scientists, Students, Professionals, Computer Experts and African Nations as a whole.
ACSA predominantly has a 100 million € budget for over 12 African Nation’s projects spanning 8 sectors of
intervention; including establishment of Science and Technology Centers, health promotion with Information Technology Assets, boosting the African economic development,education & training, micro-finance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion.
This is your opportunity to join Africa Union Scientists in a leadership role. The Forensic team is a national practice dealing with a huge variety of global fraud, corruption and regulatory investigations. You will work alongside with our forensic investigation teams and external Diplomats and Government Officials such as law firms,Interpol,Cyber Crime Department, on a variety of projects. No project is the same and you will be required to work closely with your internal and external High Commissioners to understand their needs and deliver large complex projects. You are likely to be working on multiple projects and have to manage your Country Office, report to the African Union Commission Office in Ethiopia including frequent traveling to NASA-USA and your team’s time accordingly.
This role will allow you to combine your technical expertise with the opportunity to play a key role in the management of the ACSA team itself. You will also be expected to be playing a leadership role in the growth of the practice through Technology development activities.
As ACSA Country Director you should have expertise in the entire process of collecting, analysing and presenting electronically stored data for the purpose of investigations and litigation. You will be able to run electronic disclosure exercises and/or data analytics projects, both large and small. You will have the opportunity to be seen as the leader of the team and make a significant contribution to the development of the practice. This will involve taking a leadership role in the management of the team including people development. Another aspect of the role will be building the ACSA Educational through visibility in the external Countries and playing a key role in the delivery of the team’s Technology development strategy.
To be considered you would require:
2.Bachelor or Master of Computer Science degree or above in a field with emphasis on International relation, Project Management in IT Industry with technical, analytical and/or problem solving skills
• Proven ability to lead large Country Offices
• Proven ability in developing Scientists relationships and the ability to take a lead on Country development initiatives
• Proven reputation for developing and coaching staff alongside wider practice development
• Strong data processing skills in IT and electronic disclosure environments
• Strong computer Science analysis skills
• Skills in the administration of document review platforms
• Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking capabilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
please send your CV and other Application Documents to:
email@example.com. or call Dr. Emile Mensah +233540957040
Remember to state your prefer Position at the Body of the Email line,
ACSA Recruitment Panel Board Officer
Ministry of Information, Accra Ghana
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 10 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
There shall be a Skype Call for all interviews.
Closing Date : August 10, 2012
Please to avoid any disappointment, the applicant must be a first part of the Association and fully registered member of ACSA. You can obtained a free ACSA registration form from our Website or to be send to you by Email. Visit our temporary Website below. Please due to a large number of our Data and information to be store on our website, we are currently replacing and launching our new corporate website and disabling the old one. In case you find difficulty in registering online, then contact Dr. Emile for the a scanned Hard copy registration Form to be send to you.
For more Info please visit our temporary Site
* Minimum 5 years knowledge in International relation, Country Project Management,Information Security experience required; out of which the individual must be a registered Member of ACSA-African.
* Is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA) or GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
* Experience in access controls (network, systems, file, and application)
* Ability to work on multiple projects and efforts with limited supervision.
* Ability to analyze network captures.
* Knowledge of common hacking tools and techniques
* Experience in understanding and analyzing various log formats from various sources.
* Experience in analyzing reports generated of SIM/SEM tools
* Hands on experience with security technologies like antivirus, IDS/IPS, VPN, firewalls and application security methodologies
* Performed penetration testing, vulnerability management and application security code reviews
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, systems engineering, or a related field is required
Please send your CV and all your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: WARNING! ACSA-Africa does not in any way accept offers in any form either by Money, through Internet, by Banks, by gifts or any means before offering a position or Vacancies. Be very be careful with people we recommend you to contact.
Please due to Fraudsters and Scams activities, ACSA you are advised to join and register as an ACSA member to be considered as an ACSA Applicant.