The Cover Challenge (PLEASE READ THE THREAD RULES IN POST #1)

Entry 6: Destiny's Child by Fabrizio Ferri; tumblr

Vogue Africa Draft.jpg

I'm sorry but I just saw a rumor on Twitter that DC is planning to make a comeback
with new album and I know we're supposed to take every rumor with a grain of salt until
it's confirmed but I just got excited right away and decided to put them on the cover. :lol:

I just miss DC that's why. :cry: And this photoshoot from their last album is and will
always be iconic to me. And I think this particular shot makes a good cover.

I'm sorry but I just saw a rumor on Twitter that DC is planning to make a comeback
with new album

She said what now?!?

jaw-drop-clap.gif

tenor

The way my heart just skipped several beats... you better not be playing with me LOL Stunning cover, btw!!!

Adut Akech by Ethan James Green for US Vogue
Ayak Veronica by Photo4fashion for Kona
Amlina Estevao by Jason Kim for Vogue Australia
Imaan Hamaam for Vogue Arabia by Patrick Demarchelier
Amiito by? pic Heroes management

tumblr_09678771e6201e3c2e932080c05ffaf4_3f3a1d32_2048.jpg tumblr_p83n0pdghD1vnw7k3o1_1280.jpg Amilna-Estevao-by-Jason-Kim-Vogue-Australia-September-2021+(2)b.jpg Iman-Imaan-Hammam-Vogue-Cover-Editorial06 vogue arabia.jpg heroes management.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had so many favourites, literally loved all the issues. Every single cover here is better than the substandard content available out there on the newsstands!
I was able to pick my top 10 then the top 5.

5. Entry 1 by Toni Ahlgren which is without a doubt the most powerful entry with the perfect cover subject. It features an impostant issue afflicting several women on the continent and still manages to look like a fashion magazine not some pretentious cover than we see nowadays.

4. Entry 2 by Avon Lea002, something very modern yet very vintage about your cover. I loved the simplicity which is reminiscent to African photography in the 60's and 70's. The traditional African hairstyle is also an important element of our style. Special mention to your entry 3 which is a master class on how to put art on fashion covers.

3. Entry 9 by Dont be a drag. The colours on this one look very delectable, I love that particular shade of orange or is it red against the blue which gives it a vintage feel. Also Alek Wek's smile perfecly captures the warmth thats synonimous with the continent.

2. Entry 2 by Paul Lintang, Africa is the future, and the future is Africa! A cover has never personified those words as well as this cover and still keeping it fashion not some silicon valley tech mag as we might see on Vogue Italia under the same theme.

Honourable mention to
Voguegirl 8910, Entry 7. That image perfectly represents Africa which is the cradle of humankind.
Dont be a drag, Entry 3. Those colours on the image and masthead make for one hell of a cover! great use of colour
Paul Lintang, Entry 8, that cover is royalty so is your entry 6
Oxymore Entry 1, I love how this looks like those clean beautiful covers that we used to get in the 2000s before mag covers lost it. Very fresh colours.
CottonMouth13, Entry 4. The prints against the vibrant picture of Alek Wek captures the African spirit perfectly and is aesthetically pleasant too! Entry 2 is also stunning

1 Entry 3 by crmsnsnwflks, Those stunning black and white shots of Grace Bol against the gold foil masthead make for one hell of a regal cover! It perfectly captures the richness that's found in Africa and the placement of text, wording and composition are awesome too. The shot of her facing up has a James Bond feel to it which adds something different to the cover.

ENTRY 3 GRACE BOL BY JASON KIM
Fashion Gone Rogue | Fashion Editorials, Models & Celebrity Style

Your entry 1 with Aweng Chuol is another stunning cover with the right cover subject and great usage of colour. If ever there's a Vogue Africa, they need to put you on the team!

Thanks to everyone for participating, the covers were beyond creative and I love the fact that everyone let their creativity guide them not some generic or pretentious image of what Africa is or isn't. Hopefully CN can see this and consider an edition for the continent.

Grace-Bol-Editorial02.jpg Grace-Bol-Editorial02sd.jpg

I had so many favourites, literally loved all the issues. Every single cover here is better than the substandard content available out there on the newsstands!
I was able to pick my top 10 then the top 5.

5. Entry 1 by Toni Ahlgren which is without a doubt the most powerful entry with the perfect cover subject. It features an impostant issue afflicting several women on the continent and still manages to look like a fashion magazine not some pretentious cover than we see nowadays.

4. Entry 2 by Avon Lea002, something very modern yet very vintage about your cover. I loved the simplicity which is reminiscent to African photography in the 60's and 70's. The traditional African hairstyle is also an important element of our style. Special mention to your entry 3 which is a master class on how to put art on fashion covers.

3. Entry 9 by Dont be a drag. The colours on this one look very delectable, I love that particular shade of orange or is it red against the blue which gives it a vintage feel. Also Alek Wek's smile perfecly captures the warmth thats synonimous with the continent.

2. Entry 2 by Paul Lintang, Africa is the future, and the future is Africa! A cover has never personified those words as well as this cover and still keeping it fashion not some silicon valley tech mag as we might see on Vogue Italia under the same theme.

Honourable mention to
Voguegirl 8910, Entry 7. That image perfectly represents Africa which is the cradle of humankind.
Dont be a drag, Entry 3. Those colours on the image and masthead make for one hell of a cover! great use of colour
Paul Lintang, Entry 8, that cover is royalty so is your entry 6
Oxymore Entry 1, I love how this looks like those clean beautiful covers that we used to get in the 2000s before mag covers lost it. Very fresh colours.
CottonMouth13, Entry 4. The prints against the vibrant picture of Alek Wek captures the African spirit perfectly and is aesthetically pleasant too! Entry 2 is also stunning

1 Entry 3 by crmsnsnwflks, Those stunning black and white shots of Grace Bol against the gold foil masthead make for one hell of a regal cover! It perfectly captures the richness that's found in Africa and the placement of text, wording and composition are awesome too. The shot of her facing up has a James Bond feel to it which adds something different to the cover.

ENTRY 3 GRACE BOL BY JASON KIM
Fashion Gone Rogue | Fashion Editorials, Models & Celebrity Style

Your entry 1 with Aweng Chuol is another stunning cover with the right cover subject and great usage of colour. If ever there's a Vogue Africa, they need to put you on the team!

Thanks to everyone for participating, the covers were beyond creative and I love the fact that everyone let their creativity guide them not some generic or pretentious image of what Africa is or isn't. Hopefully CN can see this and consider an edition for the continent.

View attachment 1185308 View attachment 1185309

Thank you so much! If someone hasn't seen Desert Flower yet, I highly recommend it. It may not be exactly Oscar-worthy but Liya does a wonderful job portraying Waris.
I worked with my second entry for like a week and just couldn't get it right, but now I can publish it at least just for fun.
kiara copy.jpg
https://www.washingtoninformer.com/kiaras-big-comeback/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianarimar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->